Don’t worry if you or your family are staying home for winter break this year. There are myriad worlds to discover here in Southeast Michigan. You and yours can find and enjoy them with the Artful Staycation.
This series of special events, performances and exhibits are to help those who stay home during “Winter Break” and “Spring Vacation” find something new and remarkable to enjoy without having to travel hundreds of miles to enjoy.
Presented by the members of the Cultural Alliance of Southeastern Michigan, the idea is to help students return to school rejuvenated with feelings of having explored new vistas and expanded personal horizons, even if they never leave the region during their break from school work.
In fact, people from around the world come here to experience world-class performances and enjoy real-life treasures presented by the members of the Cultural Alliance, year-round.
Some of the participating CASM organizations with suggestions for winter and spring breaks include:
- Anton Art Center
- Birmingham-Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- Chamber Music Society of Detroit
- Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Detroit Public Library
- Detroit Zoo
- Heidelberg Project
- Eisenhower Dance Ensemble
- Howell Conference & Nature Center
- Mosaic Youth Theatre
- Motor City Brass Band
- Michigan Philharmonic
- Pewabic Pottery
- Pro Musica Detroit
- Troy Historic Village
- University of Michigan Detroit Center
- University of Michigan Museum of Art
- University of Michigan Museum of Natural History
- University Musical Society
Those who enjoy an “Artful Staycation” will be a different person. Inside their heads, they’ll have minds with expanded horizons. Same story for their hearts, they’ve grown.