If you dig art — peformance, visual, literary or any combination therefrom — the IART Festival wants you. The reason: IART is a festival filled with artists, performers and all of those who enjoy them. And they would like to get as many to participate in this year’s activities.
Presented by The Redford Parks & Art Conservancy, the Redford IART Festival will be held July 21 and 22 at The Marquee of Redford Township. In addition to individual performances and art exhibits, the fun includes interactive and community art activities, a Kid’s Zone and gallery, live performances and much more for children and adults of all ages.
This intimate festival at the Marquee, a garden setting with both indoor and outdoor space, offers something for everyone to enjoy. The unique, interactive event features juried artists’ booths, a variety of food, live entertainment, art workshops, demonstrations and children’s activities. Many of the art projects use recycled objects and materials.
The Marquee of Redford Township is located at 15145 Beech Daly, behind Redford Town Hall west of Beech Daly and south of Five Mile Road. Festival hours are Saturday, July 21 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For the latest news on IART, click here.
From the IART Festival:
As celebration of the arts, the IART Festival is unique in its focus on participation in the arts.
- Attendees of the festival are able to take mini-workshops in writing poetry, acting, playing music, painting and drawing. At the Festival, they have the opportunity to construct musical instruments, paint, sculpt and observe artists in action.
- Kids can enjoy Kidland where they can make music and an art project, or relax on the Story Porch where they can read books, listen to storytellers and make their own books.
- The Marquee Stage features performances from local theater companies, musicians and poets. Inside the Marquee, we feature a digital media screening area, where independent film makers can showcase their latest projects. There is also an eating area that features a great selection of foods and beverages, along with tables from Youth artists and information from local arts and recreational organizations.
- The Main Stage always spotlights an ecclectic mix of family friendly entertainment with everything from bands to martial arts demontrations to belly dancers and fire eaters!
- The 2012 IART Festival also includes an Art Cafe. Festival attendees will have the opportunity to create art of their own, or simply relax a bit before going back for more fun.
The image above shows The Phantom