The Detroit Zoo gets even wilder on Wednesday nights during July and August with its annual Wild Summer Nights concert series. Concerts take place in the Zoo’s Main Picnic Grove from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wild Summer Nights features a variety of live music from local bands, including children’s, classical, jazz, pop, folk and blues. Concert-goers are invited to bring a blanket and pack a picnic.
Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions. The concerts are free with Zoo admission.
Wild Summer Nights concert lineup:
- July 5 – The Euphorics
- July 12 – Detroit Social Club
- July 19 – Tom Seley and the Troublemakers
- July 26 – Michigan Opera Theatre
- August 2 – Steve King & the Dittilies
- August 9 – Athens Creek
- August 16 – Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- August 23 – Gary Greenfelder Orchestra
- August 30 – Cosmic Groove