Enjoy a musical tour through greatness when the Livonia Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of guest conductor Paul Michalsen, opens its concert season Saturday with “From MET to Broadway.” Filled with some of the greatest music and song to grace the stage in America and around the world, the performance features soprano Alice Tillman McAllister.
The spectacular showcase is Saturday, Oct. 14 in the Louis Schmidt Auditorium at Clarenceville High School in Livonia. The performance begins at 4 p.m.
LSO presents From MET to Broadway
- La forza del destino G. Verdi
- Deh vieni, non tardar from Le Nozze di Figaro W. Mozart
- Vissi d’arte from Tosca G. Puccini
- Prelude to La Traviata Act I G. Verdi
- O Mio Babbino Caro fro G. Puccini
- Don Giovanni W. Mozart
- Caravan Duke Ellington
- Autumn Leaves w/singer Johnny Mercer
- West Side Story – (Paul) Leonard Bernstein
- Girl from Ipanema w/singer Antonio Jobim
- Girl in Satin Leroy Anderson
- Theme from “New York, New York” Fred Ebb /John Kander
- Music Man Symphonic Impressions Meredith Willson
The program is sponsored by the Livonia Community Foundation.
The Louis Schmidt Auditorium of Clarenceville H. S. is located at 20155 Middlebelt Road – Livonia.