Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV 9/30 – 10/6/18
- Articulate – Sunday, 9/30 at 1pm
Articulate is a weekly public television magazine show that explores how creative thinkers help shape our understanding of the world. This episode: The unconventional paths of Heidi Latsky, Gary Baseman, and Bang on a Can.
- MASTERPIECE: The Durrells in Corfu – Sunday, 9/30 at 8pm
In the Season 3 premiere, Louisa tries to persuade Leslie to get rid of two of his three girlfriends, Margot to find a hobby and Gerry to give up some of his pets.
MASTERPIECE: Poldark – Sunday, 9/30 at 9pm
It’s 1796, and to defend Cornwall and those he loves from an empowered George, Ross must play the political game on a journey that takes him to the nation’s capital and into new perils.
- Manners of Downton Abbey – Sunday, 9/30 at 10pm
How “Downton Abbey” re-creates the etiquette of Edwardian-era England, featuring its historical adviser, Alastair Bruce.
- Detroit Performs – Tuesday, 10/2 at 7:30pm
Artist Donna Jackson develops art projects that strengthen and beautify Detroit communities; Artist Grant Czuj finds inspiration in an unlikely place; And an artist Grant Maniér highlights the calming effect of art.
- The Great American Read – Tuesday, 10/2 at 8pm
Why literature’s most notorious villains began behaving badly. Many weren’t born evil, but became that way when faced with some of the same choices people make every day. Included: what these villains can teach people about their own dark impulses.
- MetroArts Detroit – Friday, 10/5 at 5:30pm
MetroArts features artists in and around the Metropolitan Detroit area representing the disciplines of visual, performing, and communication arts.
- Jesse Cook Live at the Bathurst Theatre – Friday, 10/5 at 8pm
Flamenco guitarist Jesse Cook performs eclectic tunes from Toronto’s Bathurst Street Theatre.
- Detroit Designs the World – Friday, 10/5 at 10pm
Detroit Public TV presents a fascinating tour of Detroit architectural treasures including Cranbrook, the Highland Park Ford Plant, Lafayette Park, and more.
- Great Performances: A Grammy Salute to Music Legends – Friday, 10/5 at 11pm
An all-star concert honoring Neil Diamond, Tina Turner, Queen, film composer John Williams, New Orleans funk band the Meters and other recipients of the Grammy Lifetime Achievement, Trustee and Music Educator awards.
- As Time Goes By – Saturday, 10/6 at 6:30 & 7pm
Lionel questions his living arrangements when Sandy and Judith move in and he finds himself surrounded by women.
- Father Brown – Saturday, 10/6 at 7:30pm
Following reports of Flambeau’s death, Father Brown races to protect a crown that contains a nail from the crucifixion of Christ.
- Midsomer Murders – Saturday, 10/6 at 8:30pm
A group of conservationists object to the development of a pristine part of the village and adherents from both sides become victims of a mysterious killer.
- Death in Paradise – Saturday, 10/6 at 10pm
When the lead guitarist of a popular reggae band is murdered, Jack and his team must crack a cold case that has haunted the commissioner for years before they can arrest the killer.
- Austin City Limits – Saturday, 10/6 at 11pm
St. Vincent performs in the Season 17 premiere.