Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV October 21-27, 2018
- Articulate – Sunday, 10/21 at 1pm
Writer Olivia Laing; musician Bill Fontana; Merrill Garbus of Tune-Yards.
- MASTERPIECE: The Durrells in Corfu – Sunday, 10/21 at 8pm
The family receive a telegram from Larry, announcing that he has a friend coming to visit — Prince Jeejeebuoy.
- MASTERPIECE: Poldark – Sunday, 10/21 at 9pm
Dwight and Caroline face heartbreak before flooding at the mines puts a life in danger; Ossie plots to have Morwenna put in an asylum; Rowella’s husband becomes suspicious.
- The Woman in White – Sunday, 10/21 at 10pm
After a haunting encounter with a woman all in white, drawing master Walter Hartright finds a startling resemblance between her and his new pupil, Laura Fairlie.
- Jamestown – Sunday, 10/21 at 11pm
Three women set sail for the colony of Jamestown in 1619, but drama awaits along with the men they are duty bound to marry.
- A Chef’s Life: The Final Harvest – Monday, 10/22 at 9pm
Join Chef Vivian Howard as she hosts a special harvest feast for the show’s most beloved personalities to gather for one last batch of quintessential Southern ingredients.
- Detroit Performs – Tuesday, 10/23 at 7:30pm
The 4th Wall Theatre Company provides an outlet for an exceptional group of students; Friendship Circle teaches valuable work experience; and The Purple Rose Theatre in Chelsea excels in bringing new works to life.
- The Great American Read – Tuesday, 10/23 at 8pm
Grand finale! The book that was voted America’s favorite is revealed.
- MetroArts Detroit – Friday, 10/19 at 5:30pm
MetroArts features artists in and around the Metropolitan Detroit area representing the disciplines of visual, performing, and communication arts.
- Pasquale Esposito Celebrates Enrico Caruso – Friday, 10/26 at 8pm
Italian Tenor Pasquale Esposito performs several of Caruso’s most famous songs and arias in a stunning concert in Italy.
- Shakespeare Uncovered – Friday, 10/126 at 10 & 11pm
Shakespeare Uncovered combines history, biography, iconic performances, new analysis, and the personal passions of its celebrated hosts.
- Father Brown – Saturday, 10/27 at 7:30pm
Father Brown investigates the poisoning of a former hangman; romance begins to stir for Mrs. McCarthy.
Maigret – Saturday, 10/27 at 8:30pm
With his laconic manner, heavy coat and trademark pipe, the formidable character of Jules Maigret first appeared in print in 1931. Georges Simenon, who wrote 75 Maigret novels, is considered one of the greatest writers of the 20th century –selling around a billion books worldwide to date. Globally-renowned actor and comedian, Rowan Atkinson, who is best known for portraying iconic characters such as Johnny English, Blackadder and Mr Bean, will play the dramatic role of Jules Maigret, the magnificently measured and insightful French detective.
- Death in Paradise – Saturday, 10/27 at 10pm
Humphrey and Camille investigate a death in the Saint Marie Heritage Society.
- Austin City Limits – Saturday, 10/27 at 11pm
Acclaimed singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile performs.