Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV November 25-December 1, 2018
- I Miss Downton Abbey – Sunday, 11/25 at 6pm
A celebration of all aspects of “Downton Abbey” — the cast, writing and locations — with clips from all six seasons, interviews and never-before-seen footage.
- Rhythm of the Dance – Monday, 11/26 at 9:30pm
Celebrating Irish tradition and heritage with dance and song; featuring the National Dance Company of Ireland and the Irish Tenors.
Donny Osmond: One Night Only – Sunday, 11/27 at 9pm
Join the pop culture icon for the definitive concert of his career, the final night of his sold-out, 2017 United Kingdom arena tour, where he performed many of his beloved top hits, a range of popular classics and songs from his 60th album.
- Sarah Brightman: Hymn – Tuesday, 11/27 at 9:30pm
Soprano Sarah Brightman performs favorites from her career in a setting at the foot of the Bavarian Alps.
- Larger Than Love: The Grande Ballroom Story -Thursday, 11/29 at 9pm Hear from rock icons as they tell the story of the impact that the Ballroom had not only on Detroit, but on the world of Rock and Roll.
- 70s Soul Superstars – Friday, 11/30 at 8pm
Patti LaBelle hosts an all-star lineup of Motown, rhythm and blues, soul and disco artists including the Commodores, Sister Sledge and Heatwave.
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Live from Gainesville: The 30th Anniversary Concert – Friday, 11/30 at 10:30pm
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers One 30th Anniversary Concert recorded Sept. 21, 2006, at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center at the University of Florida, in Gainesville.
- Welk Stars: Through the Years – Saturday, 12/1 at 5pm
Biographies of 18 solo and group artists from Lawrence Welk’s musical program; host Mary Lou Metzger.
- Maigret Season 1 Part 1 & 2 –Saturday, 12/1 at 7pm Based on Georges Simenon’s novels, Rowan Atkinson plays the dramatic role of Jules Maigret, the magnificently measured and insightful French detective.
- Brit Floyd: The World’s Greatest Pink Floyd Show –Saturday, 12/1 at 11pm
The 12-piece band creates a reincarnation of a live Pink Floyd experience.