Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV December 23-29, 2018
- Little Women – Sunday, 12/23 at 8pm
As Marmee waits by her husband’s sickbed in the army hospital, the March sisters learn to cope without their parents; the family welcomes Meg’s twins, as Beth’s health and spirits falter.
- Victoria Season 2 – Sunday, 12/23 at 9pm
As discontent grows in the country, grief forces Victoria to put childish things away; despite giving birth to a healthy Prince of Wales, Victoria finds herself paralyzed by sorrow.
- Amahl and the Night Visitors – Monday, 12/24 at 9pm
Motor City Lyric Opera presents Gian Carlo Menotti’s Christmas opera for children.
- Christmas in Christ Chapel at Gustavus – Monday, 12/24 at 10pm
A tradition since 1973, Christmas in Christ Chapel is Gustavus Adolphus College’s annual community celebration of the nativity.
- Detroit Performs – Tuesday, 12/25 at 7:30pm
Detroit Performs celebrates the holidays with performances by Detroit Public Theatre, singer Olivia Millerschin, and a feature on glass artist April Wagner.
- Call the Midwife Holiday Special – Tuesday, 12/25 at 9pm
See how some unexpected Christmas visitors cause joy and chaos for the midwives.
- Christmas with The Mormon Tabernacle Choir Featuring Sutton Foster and Hugh Bonneville – Tuesday, 12/25 at 10pm
Join Tony Award-winning actress Sutton Foster and “Downton Abbey” star Hugh Bonneville, guest musical artist and narrator for this year’s Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- Ethan Bortnick: The Power of Music – Friday, 12/28 at 8pm
The concert special features 12-year-old Ethan Bortnick’s amazing abilities as a pianist, singer, songwriter, composer and natural-born entertainer.
Leonard Bernstein Centennial Celebration at Tanglewood – Friday, 12/28 at 10pm
Celebrate Leonard Bernstein’s 100th birthday with this tribute concert at Tanglewood. Featuring the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the concert is hosted by Audra McDonald and includes guest artists Midori, Yo-Yo Ma, Thomas Hampson and more.