Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV January 20-26, 2019
- Victoria Season 3 – Sunday, 1/20 at 9pm
Victoria must decide whether to fight the Chartists or allow them to present their petition.
- Victoria & Albert – Sunday, 1/20 at 10pm
A reconstruction of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s royal wedding, including the wedding breakfast.
- Antiques Roadshow: Meadow Brook Hall – Monday, 1/21 at 8pm
A Civil War presentation sword and portrait; Danny Lyon Civil Rights posters; a copy of “The First Men in the Moon” signed by Neil Armstrong.
- Independent Lens – Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World – Monday, 1/21 at 10pm
The Native American influence in popular music, including the Native American roots of early pioneers of the blues and jazz and how Native Americans helped define the evolution of the folk-rock era that took hold in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Making It: Latino Students’ Pathways to College – Tuesday, 1/22 at 7:30pm
Educators tailoring the educational needs of Latino students to reflect their cultural needs.
- Finding Your Roots – Tuesday, 1/22 at 8pm
Journalists Christiane Amanpour, Ann Curry and Lisa Ling learn about stories within their own family trees.
- Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise – Thursday, 1/24 at 9pm
America’s changing racial landscape, from the civil rights era to present day; with insight from Eric Holder, Shonda Rhimes and DeRay Mckesson.
- Graham Nash Live: Myself at Last – Friday, 1/25 at 8pm
Features the legendary Graham Nash (Crosby, Stills & Nash, The Hollies) and accompanying musician Shayne Fontayne (guitar, vocals) as they perform hits spanning Nash’s stellar career.
Great Performances: Doubt from Minnesota Opera – Friday, 1/25 at 10pm
Sister Aloysius Beauvier engages in a battle of wills with Father Flynn at a Bronx, N.Y., Catholic school after a young nun tells her he may be abusing a student.
- Doc Martin Season 8 – Saturday, 1/26 at 7:30pm
Morwenna’s parents surprise her with a visit from Kenya, but their bad news threatens to ruin the trip; Martin intervenes when Louisa’s first Skype call goes off track.
- Austin City Limits – Saturday, 1/26 at 11pm
Texan singer-songwriter Willie Nelson performs a set of hits as well as music from his album “My Way.”