Enjoy a rousing good time filled with charm, nostalgia and magical winter fun at MCSfest — for Michigan Central Station Winter Festival. Presented by Ford Motor Company, the free, family friendly celebration is happening this weekend on Lacombe Drive, directly in front of Michigan Central Station in Detroit.
As the guests enjoy the fun inside a giant heating tent filled with music, food, vendors and interesting people — an amazing 3-D light show will project images onto Michigan Central Station. The festival is an extension of Ford’s presence at the North American International Auto Show. The historic landmark is undergoing renovation by Ford and will re-emerge as a new anchor for a Transportation and Technology Corridor that will link Detroit with Ann Arbor.
MCSfest happens Friday, Jan. 18 through Sunday, Jan. 27. Admission is free and open to the public of all communities. Festival hours:
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 18-20 : 5:30 to 10 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 21 through Thursday, Jan. 24: 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, Jan. 25 & 26: 5:30 to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 27: 5:30 to 9 p.m.
Remember to bundle up. It is winter.
- 3-D Light Show
- Live Graffiti Painting
- Community Performances
- Fire Pits, S’Mores
- Food Trucks & Beverage Stations
- Ice Carving
- Artists, Shops & Community Organization Booths
- First-of-Its-Kind Exhibition of Train Station Artificats & History
For complete details, click here.