Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV February 17-23, 2019
- Victoria Season 3 – Sunday, 2/17 at 9pm
Bad timing for the Georgian ball at the palace, as private pictures of the royal family become public.
- Margaret: The Rebel Princess – Sunday, 2/17 at 10pm
The early married life of Princess Margaret and her husband Anthony Armstrong-Jones in the 1960s, as major social changes take place in Britain.
- Antiques Roadshow: Hotel del Coronado Hour 1 – Monday, 2/18 at 8pm
A 1962 Baldessari oil sign for Rothko & Albers; a Fortuny Delphos gown; “Kitchen Debate” table with a signed President Richard Nixon photo.
- POV: Minding the Gap – Monday, 2/18 at 10pm
Filmmaker Bing Liu tries to understand why he and his two friends ran away from home when they were younger.
- Detroit Performs – Tuesday, 2/19 at 7:30pm
Girls Rock Detroit is an organization empowering youth through music; mixed media artist, Ramon Lavarro Jordan, takes us into his creative space; and principal dancer for the Cincinnati Ballet, Cervilio Amador, tells his story of dance and defecting from Cuba.
- Finding Your Roots – Tuesday, 2/19 at 8pm
Comics Seth Meyers, Tig Notaro and Sarah Silverman learn how their families enabled their success, and they each find out about an unexpected DNA cousin.
American Masters – Sammy Davis, Jr.: I’ve Gotta Be Me – Tuesday, 2/19 at 9pm
Explore the entertainer’s vast talent and journey for identity through the shifting tides of civil rights and racial progress during 20th-century America. Features Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, and clips from his TV, film and concert performances.
- Sphinx Finals Concert – Thursday, 2/21 at 9pm
Recorded February 2nd at Orchestra Hall, the concert features the finest African American and Latino string musicians in the country.
- Graham Nash Live: Myself at Last – Friday, 2/22 at 8pm
Features the legendary Graham Nash (Crosby, Stills & Nash, The Hollies) and accompanying musician Shayne Fontayne (guitar, vocals) as they perform hits spanning Nash’s stellar career.
- Great Performances: Michael Buble: Tour Stop 148 – Friday, 2/22 at 10pm
Michael Bublé’s “To Be Loved” tour features his hits “Home” and “Haven’t Met You Yet”; also included is footage from the singer’s travels.
- Doc Martin Season 8 – Saturday, 2/23 at 7:30pm
Awaiting his hearing, Martin has not been able to practice, but this does not stop patients from asking for medical advice.