The Dossin Great Lakes Museum will host Detroit Expo Day Sunday. Part of the MSU Science Festival, Expo Day presents live demonstrations, tours, open houses, guest speakers and hands-on activities for all ages at venues around Belle Isle, including the Aquarium and Conservatory. Activities from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on April 14.
Some activities available at the Dossin include, but are not limited to:
- Draw a Circuit – Students will have a hands-on learning experience about conduction and build a creative electrical circuit using graphite.
- Engineer a Solar Bug – Engineer a solar bug using a motor, a solar cell, and a toothbrush head. A solar cell stores energy from light and converts it into bug power.
- STEM Opportunities – Lawrence Technological University will be on hand to showcase science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields and opportunities.
- Tuskegee Airmen Flight Simulator – Join us for an exciting flight simulator demonstration.
- What’s That Sound? – Engage in creative and innovative hands-on sound activities using new technologies to explore STEAM careers. The STEMinista Project is a Michigan Science Center initiative aimed at girls in 4th-8th grade to encourage them to explore STEAM careers.