Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV June 23-29, 2019
- Great Performances at the Met: Adriana Lecouvreur – Sunday, 6/23 at 2pm
Soprano Anna Netrebko performs the title role in David McVicar’s staging of “Adriana Lecouvreur,” set in a working replica of a Baroque theater.
- MASTERPIECE Mystery: Endeavour – Sunday, 6/23 at 9pm
When a tragic car accident becomes something altogether more suspicious, Endeavour’s investigation leads him to the Oxford astrophysics department and a television puppet studio.
- Antiques Roadshow – Monday, 6/24 at 8pm
A 1951 inscribed Lone Ranger mask; a 1954 Stevan Dohanos cover illustration; a Cartier cigarette case circa 1910.
POV: The Gospel of Eureka – Tuesday, 6/25 at 11pm
The spotlight is beaming on drag shows and passion plays in an Arkansas town. With verve, humor and unfailing compassion, The Gospel of Eureka builds unexpected bridges between religious faith and sexual orientation.
- Under the Radar Michigan – Thursday, 6/27 at 8:30pm
On this episode of UTR we head down the road to area code 734. Cuz when you dial it you get cool things like Camp Bacon, mmmmm bacon … The Manchester Chicken Broil and a cool Celtic Festival. Heck, we even found a church turned into a bountiful brewery. Get ready to explore the cool people, places and things that make Michigan’s area code 734 a place you can’t ignore.
- Pavlo in Guadalajara with Jalisco Philharmonic Orchestra – Friday, 6/28 at 8pm
Pavlo’s return to Public Television celebrates his life’s work with a 93 piece orchestra behind him.
- Father Brown Season 7 – Saturday, 6/29 at 7:30pm
A new musical director for the bell-ringers of St. Mary’s leads to discord, disharmony and the blood-curdling sound of murder.
- Midsomer Murders – Saturday, 6/29 at 8:30pm
Barnaby and Jones are called in to investigate the death of amateur astronomer Jeremy Harper, who was killed by a blow to the head with a meteorite.