Take a giant leap for mankind when Summer of Space at the Cranbrook Institute of Science lifts off July 18 at @ 7pm ET.
Hear special guest Charles Fishman, author of the New York Times Best-Seller One Giant Leap: The Impossible Mission That Flew Us to the Moon (Simon and Schuster) man’s first lunar landing 50 years ago on July 20.
Fishman also is the acclaimed author of A Curious Mind (with Brian Grazer), The Wal-Mart Effect, and The Big Thirst. He is a three-time winner of the Gerald Loeb Award, the most prestigious prize in business journalism.
Additional guests include:
- Dr. Fred Adams, University of Michigan Professor of Theoretical Cosmology and Astrophysics
- Dr. James Cutler, Director of University of MichiganeXploration Lab
- Dr. Susan T. Lepri, University of Michigan, Associate Professor Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering
- Michael Narlock, Head of Astronomy and Exhibits and Web Coordinator atCranbrook Institute of Science
- See highlights from American Experience’s Chasing the Moon documentary about the race to land on the moon
- Watch a demonstration from the student-run Michigan Mars Rover Team (MRover), whose mission is to design and build a rover for the exploration of extraterrestrial environments
- Get up-close and personal with the galaxy in Cranbrook’s observatory
- Discover deep space during one of two showings in Cranbrook’s state-of-the-art planetarium
- Stroll the entire Cranbrook museum to viewdinosaurs, meteorites, holograms and other amazing exhibits
- Enjoy a “space” reception with light snacks and the opportunity to speak with fellow DPTV adventurers.