Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV July 7-13, 2019
MASTERPIECE Mystery: Endeavour – Sunday, 7/7 at 9pm
The murder of an Oxford librarian and a local tragedy test Endeavour and the team to their limits, as they uncover the truth behind the crime that has haunted them all.
- Chasing the Moon – Monday – Wednesday, 7/8-7/10 at 9pm
Experience the thrilling era of the space race, from its earliest days to the 1969 moon landing.
- Antiques Roadshow – Monday, 7/8 at 8pm
Space-themed items include autographed photos from the NASA space program, a 1737 Celestial and terrestrial atlas and a “Star Trek” treatment, script and letters.
- Detroit Performs – Tuesday, 7/9 at 7:30pm
Showcasing the hand-dyed clothing at brightlytwisted in Corktown and hearing co-owner, Alexandra Bourque’s inspiring story of her art installation, The Butterfly Dress. Then we check out all ten winners of the Commerce Design: Detroit Awards. Plus, host DJ Oliver tours the Detroit Foundation Hotel and interviews Ellie Schneider, Director of Detroit City of Design Initiative.
- Pavlo Live In Guadalajara with Jalisco Philharmonic – Friday, 7/12 at 8pm
Pavlo’s return to Public Television celebrates his life’s work with a 93 piece orchestra behind him.
- Father Brown Season 7 – Saturday, 7/13 at 7:30pm
Father Brown uncovers secrets, hypocrisy and murder at a finishing school for young ladies.
- Midsomer Murders – Saturday, 7/13 at 8:30pm
A serial killer strikes members of a chess club.