Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV August 4-10, 2019
- Great Performances at the Met: La Fille Du Regiment – Sunday, 8/4 at 2pm
Tenor Javier Camarena and soprano Pretty Yende perform in “La Fille du Regiment,” conducted by Enrique Mazzola.
- MASTERPIECE Mystery: Grantchester – Sunday, 8/4 at 9pm
After Will asks Geordie for help with a family matter, Geordie is surprised to find that Will grew up in a house filled with secrets and lies.
- Professor T – Sunday, 8/4 at 11pm
The chairwoman of the school inspection team is killed during a robbery, and Professor T is certain the case is more complex than it appears.
- Antiques Roadshow – Monday, 8/5 at 8pm
An Elvis Presley outfit circa 1970; a 1942 Grandma Moses painting; C.F. Martin & Co. guitars.
- Detroit Performs – Tuesday, 8/6 at 7:30pm
Kadima Mental Health Services enlists the help of theDetroit Symphony Orchestra to bring the arts to their clients; painter Linda Ward sheds light on her 500 Portrait project; and after school music program, OrchKids. Plus, Kadima former president and current supporter/volunteer, Janet Aronoff, welcomes DJ Oliver to her home for the Kadima and DSO concert.
Woodstock: Three Days That Defined a Generation – Tuesday, 8/6 at 9pm
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the concert that became a touchstone for a generation. This new film brings the three-day concert to life through the voices of those who were present at what became the defining moment of the counterculture revolution.
- Under the Radar Michigan – Thursday, 8/7 at 8:30pm
UTR is back in the UP for a skeet shoot, a fun float, a cool food school and wonderful wooden boats.
- Great American Railroad Journeys – Thursday, 8/7 at 9pm
Boarding one of San Francisco’s iconic cable cars to learn how they scale the city’s steep hills; sampling seafood at Fisherman’s Wharf; boarding a schooner in Sausalito; Chinatown.
- Pavlo Live In Guadalajara with Jalisco Philharmonic – Friday, 8/9 at 8pm
Pavlo’s return to Public Television celebrates his life’s work with a 93 piece orchestra behind him.
- Great Performances: Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert – Friday, 8/9 at 10pm
The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra performs an open-air concert from the gardens of Austria’s Imperial Schönbrunn Palace; guest soloist Yuja Wang.
- The Majesty of Music and Math – Friday, 8/9 at 11:30pm
An exploration of the interconnectedness of music and mathematics; featuring remarks by Cristopher Moore and musical selections by the Santa Fe Symphony.
- Father Brown Season 7 – Saturday, 8/10 at 7:30pm
Tensions rise to deadly levels when a performance troupe of anarchists arrive in Kembleford.
- Austin City Limits – Saturday, 8/10 at 11pm
Hip-hop duo Run the Jewels performs songs from “Run the Jewels 3” as well as greatest hits.