Enjoy hauntingly great music Saturday when the Michigan Philharmonic Orchestra, under the direction of Maestra Nan Washburn, put on a spooktacular concert at the Marquis Theatre in Northville. Phantom Philharmonic begins at 7:30 p.m.
More detail from Michigan Phil: Spooky tunes, a great setting, and a movie music feast all describe the Michigan Phil’s “spooktacular” Halloween concert. The Phantom Phil opens with some scary classics and continues with great soundtracks from The Dark Knight, Black Panther, Wonder Woman, Pyscho and more. Get into the spirit of the Skeleton Fest and dress up in your best Halloween costume, meet up with your fun, music-loving, friends and enjoy a great night out!
- J.S. Bach – Toccata in D Minor, BWV 565 (keyboard solo)
- Richard Wagner – Ride of the Valkyries
- Paul Dukas – The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Themes
- Bernard Herrmann – Psycho Prelude
- Morton Gould – The Deserted Ballroom
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – The Phantom of the Opera Selections
- James Newton Howard – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard – Batman: The Dark Knight
- Rupert Gregson-Williams – Wonder Woman
- Ludwig Göransson – Black Panther
- Benj Pasek & Justin Paul – The Greatest Showman
- Ray Parker Jr. – Ghostbusters
The image above is a detail from a photograph created by Romain Thiery. Click here to visit his website on the Requiem for Piano series.
Click here to learn more about Thiery and his work from David Crombie’s World Piano News.