Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV October 27-Nov 2, 2019
- SHAKESPEARE AND HATHAWAY – Sunday, 10/27 at 6:30pm
Lu and Frank try to exonerate a local criminal when the mayor is murdered in the dead of night.
- THE DURRELLS IN CORFU – Sunday, 10/27 at 8pm
The King of Greece is set to visit Corfu and the Durrells are keen to be part of the welcoming committee; things between Spiros and Louisa are getting cozy, but Leslie may have gone too far with his matchmaking scheme.
- POLDARK – Sunday, 10/27 at 9pm
Ross returns to London with the Despards and Enyses; Morwenna misses her son; Geoffrey Charles’ intent to marry Cecily gets them both in trouble; George conspires against his old enemy.
- PRESS – Sunday, 10/27 at 10pm
Amina feels defeated and finds herself in a difficult position in the wake of the Joshua West scandal; Duncan is shocked to learn that The Post has been banned from the daily press conference at Downing Street.
- PROFESSOR T – Sunday, 10/27 at 11pm
Chief Inspector Rabet is confronted with the driver who killed his daughter in a car crash, and is convinced the man is guilty of another crime.
- RETRO REPORT ON PBS – Monday & Tuesday, 10/28 & 10/29 at 9pm
- mmigration; lawsuit over hot coffee; origin of special ops forces; measuring risks after Challenger; Andy Borowitz on Anita Bryant.
- UNDER THE RADAR MICHIGAN – Thursday, 10/31 at 8:30pm
On this episode of UTR it’s a State Park Spectaculars where we show you a cool chair that makes fun possible for all, an outdoorprenuer who serves smokey selections and some talented folks who turn parks into art. We’ll even take you to a tasty trail to table dinner. Get ready to explore the cool people, places and things that make Michigan State Parks the best places to play.
- QUEEN ELIZABETH’S SECRET AGENTS – Thursday, 10/31 at 9pm
Queen Elizabeth I’s spy master William Cecil discovers the queen’s cousin, Mary Queen of Scots, is behind a plot to assassinate Elizabeth.
- THIS OLD HOUSE – 40TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL – Friday, 11/1 at 8pm
The 40th anniversary celebration of “This Old House” includes vintage clips and interviews with hosts Kevin O’Connor, Steve Thomas and Bob Vila; past homeowners provide behind-the-scenes stories about the cast and crew.
GREAT PERFORMANCES: 42ND STREET – Friday, 11/1 at 10pm
Tap-dance along to this musical extravaganza about a starry-eyed performer who gets her big break on Broadway, set to a lively score of iconic songs including “Lullaby of Broadway,” “We’re in the Money” and the show-stopping title song.
- AUSTIN CITY LIMITS – Saturday, 11/2 at 11pm
Singer-songwriter Patty Griffin and her backing duo perform songs from her self-titled album; New Orleans rockers The Revivalists play songs from “Take Good Care.”