Be at the historic Scarab Club Saturday afternoon for “Detroit Acoustic Blues” and the world debut of the Farnsworth Street Footwarmers. Presented by the Detroit Blues Society and the Scarab Club, the Blues Heritage Series program begins at 2 p.m. on Nov. 30.
The Farnsworth Street Footwarmers stars include Rollie Tussing (Guitar), Rob Avsharian ( Percussion), Aaron Jonah Lewis (Fiddle), Serge Vander Voo (Bass) and Ross Huff (Trumpet and Flugelhorn).
- Rollie Tussing is an award winning guitarist. His raggedy brand of music is informed by the era of 78 rpm records, juke-joints, and street performers. He composes a lot of his own songs and has a knack for re-working old obscure tunes.
- Rob Avsharian is a native of Ann Arbor and a graduate of North Texas State U. Rob has recorded and/ or performed with the group Snarkey Puppy, Ralphe Armstrong and the Grammy Award winning group Brave Combo. He has also performed on National Public radio’s World Café Live.
- Aaron Jonah Lewis is an acclaimed multi-instrumentalist, performer and educator. Lewis has appeared on dozens of recordings from bluegrass and old time to traditional jazz. In addition to Fiddle he also plays and teaches banjo, mandolin and guitar. He is currently based in Detroit.
- Bassist Serge Van der Voo lived and played on both Amsterdam and Chicago before returning to Michigan.
- Ross Huff plays twice weekly in Ann Arbor while maintaining a docket of Horn section engagements in every style of music.
Sponsoring this event will be the Detroit Blues Society is a 501(c) 3 non-profit arts organization and The Scarab Club 501(c) 3 non-profit arts organization.
Tickets at the door are $10. Click here for advance tickets and more information.