Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV February 9-15, 2020
- A VERY BRITISH ROMANCE WITH LUCY WORSLEY – Sunday, 2/16 at 8pm Lucy Worsley explores British romance and the social, political, and cultural forces that shaped Victorian courtship.
- SANDITON ON MASTERPIECE– Sunday, 2/16 at 9pm As the summer regatta approaches, the success of the resort hangs in the balance; Sidney wrestles with his feelings toward an old flame.
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW – Monday, 2/17 at 8pm “Babes in Toyland” stop-motion soldiers from 1934; a game used bat signed by Joe DiMaggio; a Reinhold Riel silver etrog box circa 1670.
- NO PASSPORT REQUIRED – Monday, 2/17 at 9pm The Portuguese, Brazilian, and Cape Verdean culinary traditions in Boston.
- DETROIT PERFORMS – Tuesday, 2/18 at 7:30pm Artist Donna Jackson develops art projects that strengthen and beautify communities; spoken word artist, Jamii Tata, furthers the education of children in the community; poet Tawana Petty pours her soul into her performances.
- FINDING YOUR ROOTS – Tuesday, 2/18 at 8pm Marisa Tomei, Jimmy Kimmel and John Turturro learn about the sacrifices their ancestors made to bring their families from Italy to America.
- EXPEDITION WITH STEVE BACKSHALL – Wednesday, 2/19 at 10pm Steve heads to the Himalayas to visit the last great unexplored river in Bhutan, which, according to legend, drops off the face of the planet at some point..
- UNDER THE RADAR MICHIGAN – Thursday 2/20 at 8:30pm North and South Manitou Island; Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park; Belle Isle; Warren Dunes State Park; Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge; Rockport State Park Recreation Area.
CELTIC WOMAN: HOMECOMING IRELAND– Friday, 2/21 at 8pm
The female Irish group performs in Dublin; songs include “My Heart Will Go On,” “Fields of Gold,” “Amazing Grace” and “You Raise Me Up.”
- AUSTIN CITY LIMITS – Saturday, 2/22 at 11pmGrammy-winning art-rock performer St. Vincent.