Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV March 15-21, 2020
- SOUL LEGENDS – Monday, 3/16 at 8pm
Never-before-broadcast and archival recordings from singers and songwriters of the 1960s-1980s; host Pam Grier.
- JP MCCARTHY: THE VOICE OF DETROIT– Tuesday, 3/17 at 7:30pm To honor the memory of the man who meant so much to all of us, Detroit Public Television has produced J.P. McCarthy – The Voice of Detroit, an hour-long documentary that tells J.P.’s story, the ultimate local-kid-done-good tale.
CELTIC THUNDER IRELAND– Tuesday, 3/17 at 9pm A revue show highlighting 10 years of Celtic Thunder hits and Irish and Celtic fan favorites; songs featured include “Danny Boy,” Ireland’s Call,” and “Star of the County Down.”
- IL VOLO: TEN YEARS-Wednesday, 3/18 at 8pm Il Volo celebrates 10 years with a concert from Matera, Italy, that includes new arrangements of their greatest hits as well as new music.
- LEONARD COHEN — TOWER OF SONG– Wednesday, 3/18 at 9:30pm Elvis Presley sings “Blue Suede Shoes,” “My Way,” “Suspicious Minds” and “Hound Dog” in a 1973 concert in Hawaii.
- UNDER THE RADAR MICHIGAN– Thursday, 3/19 at 8:30pm The team is in Southeast Michigan for some cheesecake in Oak Park, a field of dreams come true for some special kids in Southfield, a laundry in Fenton, and some incredible dogs in Rochester who help the blind to see.