Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV March 8-14, 2020
- DOWNTON ABBEY RETURNS!– Sunday, 3/8 at 5pm Host Jim Carter celebrates “Downton Abbey” with a sneak peek of the movie, interviews with the cast and creators, and never-before-seen video clips.
- ARETHA FRANKLIN REMEMBERED (MY MUSIC)– Sunday, 3/8 at 7pm Never-before-seen excerpts of Aretha Franklin’s greatest hits from television appearances spanning the 1960s-2000s.
- DOO WOP TO POP ROCK: MY MUSIC CELEBRATES 20 YEARS -Monday, 3/9 at 8pm A compilation of the greatest moments from “My Music” specials spanning the past 20 years; highlights include reunions and moments with performers.
- ELVIS, ALOHA FROM HAWAII – Monday, 3/9 at 10:30pm Elvis Presley sings “Blue Suede Shoes,” “My Way,” “Suspicious Minds” and “Hound Dog” in a 1973 concert in Hawaii.
- CELTIC WOMAN, BEST OF– Tuesday, 3/10 at 9:30pm Celtic Woman celebrates 15 years of making music with a performance that features uplifting anthems such as “Amazing Grace” and classics like “Danny Boy” and “The Parting Glass.”
- JOHN DENVER: COUNTRY BOY– Wednesday , 3/11 at 8pm Family, friends and colleagues recount the private life and public legacy of singer John Denver.
- BEE GEES: ONE NIGHT ONLY – Wednesday, 3/11 at 9:30pm The trio performs some of its hits, including “Stayin’ Alive,” “You Should Be Dancing” and “How Deep Is Your Love,” with an appearance by singer Celine Dion.
- BRIT FLOYD: SPACE AND TIME — LIVE IN AMSTERDAM – Thursday, 3/12 at 9pm The trio performs some of its hits, including “Stayin’ Alive,” “You Should Be Dancing” and “How Deep Is Your Love,” with an appearance by singer Celine Dion.
- THE DOOBIE BROTHERS LIVE FROM THE BEACON THEATRE – Thursday, 3/12 at 10:30pm
The Doobie Brothers return to New York’s Beacon Theatre for the first time in 25 years, performing songs from “Toulouse Street” and “The Captain and Me.”
- SOUL LEGENDS – Friday, 3/13 at 8pm
Never-before-broadcast and archival recordings from singers and songwriters of the 1960s-1980s; host Pam Grier.
DURAN DURAN: A DIAMOND IN THE MIND – Friday, 3/13 at 10pm
The band Duran Duran performs at the MEN Arena in Manchester in 2011. Before an ecstatic crowd of 21,000, the band delivers hit after hit, mixing classics with songs from their acclaimed album All You Need Is Now.
- GREAT PERFORMANCES: AN INTIMATE EVENING WITH DAVID FOSTER – Saturday, 3/14 at 7pm
Grammy Award winner David Foster explores the music of his career with guests Loren Allred, Pia Toscano, Fernando Varela, Sheléa, Katharine McPhee and more.