Here are the arts & culture programs airing on Detroit Public TV March 15-21, 2020
- CALL THE MIDWIFE – Sunday, 4/12 at 8pm
Lucille is seconded to St. Cuthbert’s where she delivers a baby in an elevator; Nurse Crane gives vaccines to new students; Violet, Trixie, Sister Frances and Valerie organize a fashion show for the community.
- WORLD ON FIRE ON MASTERPIECE– Sunday, 4/12 at 9pm A month after the war begins, Warsaw, Poland, is destroyed; Harry longs for news; Kasia joins the Polish resistance.
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW– Monday, 4/13 at 8pm
Desert Botanical Garden Hour 3-A Hassan el Glaoui tempera painting circa 1970; Line Vautrin Talosel mirror; a diamond horseshoe brooch circa 1900.
- DETROIT PERFORMS– Tuesday, 4/14 at 7:30pm
Inspired by Tradition- Henna artist Hannah Lydia Wilson; artist Erin Beckloff use of the letterpress; Jo’s Gallery.
- UNDER THE RADAR MICHIGAN-Thursday, 4/16 at 8:30pm
Endless Summer- Discovering the people and places of Michigan.
SOMEWHERE SOUTH– Friday, 4/17 at 10pmWhat a Pickle- Chow chow, a Southern relish, is celebrated at the Chow Chow culinary festival in Asheville, N.C.; Indian and Sri Lankan pickles; Puerto Rican escabeche; Korean kimchi.
- FATHER BROWN– Saturday, 4/18 at 7:30pm
The Scales of Justice-Father Brown must race to save Bunty from the hangman’s noose when she is tried for murder.
- MIDSOMER MURDERS– Saturday, 4/18 at 8:30pm
The Flying Club- When a body is discovered in a reservoir dropped out of a plane, Barnaby and Nelson find the world of stunt pilots and military heroes hides many dark secrets.